Friday, May 2, 2008

books

Morning,sleep without dreams ,talking to a girlfirend who slept in my bed ,so many people were discussed that i had the feeling they were there with us and it put me to sleep.reading gerard donovan's Julius Winsome ,impressed with the cool prosestyle and extremely personal an poetic images.That's what does it for me:when somebody can make me see an object or a lanscape or a situation in a way i could never see it.Up for the Franis Mc manus award shortlisted for the competition with a story about a busdriver from Malawi working in Dublin.Getting ready to work on classical cabaret songs with guitar .Always think of Gabriel Faure as a classical songwriter ,i mean he fits in with the later tradition of people like Brel Becaud and Beart ,people inflate their voices too much when they interpret Faure or Debussy Ravel .It seems to me these guys_although great classical composers- were in touch with the lighter edge of the french"chanson" and their work should be interpreted in such a manner.It's just me this mornin dreamin about the mimosa trees of my youth in the south of france with a dublin wind ragin an a blanket of snow on the mountins an me just wantin to stand underneath the sweet smellin yellow tree an sing"adieu"

No comments: