Friday, May 2, 2008

men on the liffey

Dream , a dream it was.I sat on a boat made of old bathtubes and pieces of pipes an steel watnots and i felt comfortable back in this ugly rocking womb on the waters of the river liffey,anna anna livia i started to sing and a man looked in my mouth and smiled and people cheered and waved on the riverbanks.I love the fleeting feeling of water flowing underneath me ,don’t need the earth at all ,like the idea of being footless.The wind was cold and this man was talking close to my stone ice ear when my friend,a glamourous girl who sat at the front of the boat with her legs slightly apart asked him who the other girl on the vessel was.His girlfriend.I did’nt mind ,men can be so pleasant when you just look at them.But as we ducked for a bridge she said she’d get rid of the girl .Right there underneath the cold curve of the bridge and all the dark shadows in the water.I laughed a lot. Why would she plan murder for me when i was on the water with my voice that sounded thin an high when i wanted it to sound dark an warm but it was still reaching the shores and i had enough friends in my head an my heart to sail away for a long time

No comments: